Space Oddity

Ground control to Major Tom.
.
.
.
This gem of a song by David Bowie has always been very close to my heart. It perfectly soundtracks my escapist mind. Sometimes when tough gets going and the going gets tough I wish I could shoot into the stars and just be. How beautiful it would be to just look at the blue speck that we call home. How insignificant then our problems would seem, and at the same time how majestic and beautiful this Earth would seem. The terrifying beauty of the vast space that etches till the end of the world and beyond, and you, a beautiful tragic lone wanderer, a witness to this terrifying beauty.
I've always been fascinated with Space and stars and the Galaxy and everything above and beyond and for a long time I wanted to be an astronaut too but Science had maths and No. But I can still close my eyes and float above and swim in the ocean of stars and gaze at the beauty of Mars  and just stay.  So from time to time I put on this song and hear it in my heart, as I float Far above the world, planet Earth is blue and there's still, still nothing I can do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obsession

Modernism and Cities (Assignment, again.)

सुन्यता