Sea


time, it stands still
as I get buried deeper into the ground
sandy grains touch the palm of my skin
empty shells echo the roar of the calm
and I move forward and backward
with each cold kiss
and yet I stand still
sinking deeper into the ground
and I float with the waves
and I drown as it ebbs
moving to the edge of the earth
with each wave, with each cold caress
into the terrifying beauty
and yet I sink with every beat of my heart
and all I find are the empty seashells
echoing the roar of my soul
drowned by the grains of the sand too brown
too small, too thin, but just enough to make no sound
and I drown
and I drown
and I drown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Obsession

Modernism and Cities (Assignment, again.)

Feeble attempt at writing a children's story to not be too dark (another class assignment)